Tuesday 23 April 2013

Sick, yet again

Or still, really, because it's all part of the problem that I've been suffering from on and off for the past few weeks. In this instance, I initially rang in sick to work because I had a bad stomach upset, with its concomitantly inordinate amount of time spent in the toilet, but the main underlying issue is still the chest infection, or whatever it is, that I've been struggling with for what seems like ages. I had to take a shopping trip yesterday afternoon, illness notwithstanding, because I literally had nothing in at all, grocery wise, and a walk to the end of the road to the supermarket, and back, which would normally take around forty minutes, took an hour and a quarter, and after which it took me a good half hour to recover to anything like even semi-normality. I felt even worse at one point later in the evening, although, luckily, that was only a passing phase that lasted only a few minutes, and I do feel somewhat better this morning, but I'm still miles below par. I'm still registered with my old GP in Cornwall, unfortunately, so that isn't an immediate option, but I've had a look online this morning, and there seems to be an NHS drop-in place in 'domicile-ville', so I might well have a (very slow) walk up there later on to find out if anyone can see me. I'm utterly fed up of feeling lousy, being a thoroughly impatient patient at any time, and when it drags on like this episode has, it makes matters even worse.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. You *do* have Obama-care over the pond, right???

    :-)

    -Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andy
      We have the good old NHS, free at the point of delivery, but paid for by a substantial chunk of my, and nearly every other worker's, wages being abstracted at source. And a very good system, for all the griping that seems to go on, it is, too.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Sammy

    I'm sorry to hear you're still ill - this seems to have been going on for a long time now, and it probably feels even longer. I hope the drop-in centre has managed to sort something out for you; I can't help thinking, though, that registering with a GP in "domicile-ville" would be a good idea.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mark
      Good advice, as ever, but I haven't actually been out of the building today. I am feeling substantially better than I was 24 hours ago, but that isn't really saying too much. I'm hoping to at least make it to the drop-in centre tomorrow, now that I know its location and opening hours, and possibly, given no further relapses, going back to work on Thursday (tomorrow is my day off, anyway). I'll see how it goes.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete