Thursday 4 April 2013

Break time

Having finished my week of late shifts just under two hours ago, I'm now embarking on a six day long weekend, and a very welcome one it will be, as well. The aftermath of my recent chest infection - I still seem to be coughing half my life away, although things are slowly improving - has left me feeling thoroughly washed out, and in need of recharging my batteries, which hopefully will come about in the next few days. The best aspect of the break, though, is that my daughter will be spending it with me - I'm meeting her at Paddington at lunchtime tomorrow. This next six days will be the longest time we will have been together for almost a year, since the last full week off I spent in our former home in the middle of April last year. To say I'm looking forward to it is a considerable understatement.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! You're getting well, your daughter is coming, everything is going well! Cherish the time with her, she'll be growing up way too fast!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      It should be a good weekend - K is indeed growing up, but, hitherto, at least, it hasn't changed our relationship for the worse. Maybe it's a case of reaping the rewards of treating her as an equal all these years!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete