Sunday 15 June 2014

A happy awakening. And a shadow from the past

My sleep in preparation for my last night shift for now (finally!) was interrupted an hour or so ago, but the culprit was immediately forgiven, because it was K, texting me Fathers' Day good wishes. She's had her piercings done, it seems - yesterday, actually, but, rarely, I didn't speak to her yesterday, because she was out and about with friends all day and well into the evening, after I'd gone to work. I love her to bits, of course, and I know she loves me, but to have an extra bit of reassurance, even if it is only a text message, is always welcome.
I could have written this next part in the comments section of another blog, but I think it's impolite, in most circumstances, to have third party conversations at other people's blogs. A line in the first comment at that blog's latest post rather concerned me, that someone who caused a lot of hurt and dissension amongst people I cared and care about - people in the plural, that is, although, of course, one particular person was and is closest to my heart - might have resurfaced in yet another 'shape-shifted' guise. The blog owner thinks not, and that's good enough for me, but while I agree that what happened, in overall terms, was a pretty small earthquake, it did a lot of damage to what had begun to develop into a nice, friendly little community. I guess 'firsts' - first love, first loss, first deception - have the most impact, emotionally, for me, anyway, and so, yes, there is still some animosity and suspicion when things happen that hark back to that situation, even tangentially. I wrote a comment on a blog post at the time about forgiveness, but not 'forgiveness at any price'. That's still how I feel about what happened, right or wrong.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Happy Father's Day, Sammy! Glad K remembered. She's a fine lady!

    Check your email for the rest.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      It was nice that K remembered, given how busy she's been of late, with her exams and getting ready to move, and certainly gave me a little warm glow! Thanks for the e-mail.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete