Friday 27 June 2014

Doing our own thing

Another aspect of K's arrival that I'd thought about, but wasn't sure how it would pan out, was the extent to which our lives would be separate, as much as to what extent they would coincide. Today has been, I hope, an example of how it might work. I was on earlies, and thus gone hours before K would even have thought of being up, although she was bright and early, by her standards, because the landlord had arranged for a tradesman to come to the flat to do a couple of small repairs. Once the work had been done, K went off on a trip of her own, didn't think it worth my meeting up with her, because she wasn't planning to be out for long, and then went home, while I've come to my local for a beer or two before heading for home in the very near future. There's no reason that I can see that we shouldn't live our own lives, in between the together times, and to be able to do that in a calm way is rather encouraging.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I think you will hit upon a balance that will fit together quite nicely. It might take a bit of time, but it will happen. Probably with a hiccup or two. K and you have been so independent for so long, that meshing might take a bit! Or not! I'm glad it's going so smoothly right from the start. That bodes well!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Yeah, fingers crossed - I wasn't, and I'm not expecting everything to be roses, but we are on the same wavelength for much of the time. Tomorrow, unless K has made other plans during the course of today, will be a 'together time' once I finish work, so, as you say, maybe a balance is emerging already. I hope so.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete