Monday 16 June 2014

Off the leash

After my eight consecutive night shifts, today has been a bit of an 'R & R' day, which, me being me, has meant my consuming more alcohol than is realistically good for me (and I'm probably not done yet!). I'm back to the grind tomorrow, though, working yet another overtime shift - my post-hospital intention of this time last year to work no overtime at all has long since evaporated in the face of financial necessity - but, at least, I'm not working until the afternoon, so I might just manage a bit of catch-up sleep in the morning. For once, though, I have got something other than work to look forward to later in the week - my nephew, my brother's son, has just got engaged to his longtime girlfriend, and they're having a bit of a do on Saturday evening in one of the villages just outside my home town. There will undoubtedly be a few good friends there, as well as the family, and K is coming up, too, so it should be a thoroughly good night. I certainly hope so.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. It was a LONG first 10.5 hour day today, made worse by "hiccup" after "hiccup" on the project we are working on. My brain hurts. And no catch up sleep unless I go to bed in an hour or so (about 7PM local time).

    The do sounds great! HAVE A GREAT TIME! And congrats to your nephew!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Friday isn't so far away, when you'll reap the benefits of your longer labours - I hope the intervening days go more smoothly.
      It will certainly be good to catch up with the people who'll be at the party on Saturday, and the fact that K will be there is a bonus, although, of course, it's only four days before she'll be moving up here anyway. I'm definitely looking forward to both the party and the move.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete