Tuesday 24 June 2014

Maybe it will be goodbye this time

I'm currently hiding out in one of my erstwhile stamping grounds, 'stereotypical suburb' Wetherspoons, passing an hour or so prior to heading back up to town to catch the overnight train to Cornwall, where, tomorrow morning, I'll be picking up a van, scooping up my daughter and her possessions, and taking both to North London. Will I ever go back to Cornwall thereafter? I did say, a good while ago, that if I was ever forced to leave I would never go back, even for a day trip, because seeing what I'd had and lost would be too traumatic. It's still 'home', in my head and my heart, but not in the 'real world'. Loss, loss, loss - it's always loss in my life, so it seems.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Just think of it as a short visit home! I've been forced away before (not geographically but it's the same), and it's not easy, but you can visit and enjoy the happy memories. Those years weren't all bad.

    Plus, it's certainly not a loss when you consider what you are picking up! That's a gain, gain, gain!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I did think about K moving up, and I am happy about that, but I still can't avoid very mixed feelings. Maybe a complete break from what has gone before, especially from the last two and a half years, will be advantageous, maybe not. Either way, I'm soon going to find out.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete