Tuesday 17 June 2014

The traveller

After a few hiccups, mostly around her travelling companion's passport, K has finally booked her flights for her American trip at the end of next month. As things have worked out, her itinerary is somewhat simpler than the original version, but has cost slightly more, but between her savings and my 'early Christmas present', it's still affordable. She's also going to be away for a couple of days longer than originally planned, which in turn means that the first couple of days of my summer break are going to be solitary ones, but we should still have a week - jetlag permitting! - to do a few things. One thing that has been mooted is a trip to Jersey - I really love the island, although finances have meant that I haven't been for several years, and K hasn't been since she was about eighteen months old, a visit she obviously doesn't remember, so a reacquaintance with the place certainly wouldn't come amiss. I don't know if the Moulin de Lecq or La Pulente still exist, but I wouldn't mind finding out!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Email me her stops. I want to wave if she goes by! HAHAHAHA

    I am sure she will have a wonderful time. No one seems to worry about "ugly Britons" as they do "ugly Americans", though I am sure "ugly" would never describe her. My humour is a bit off the mark tonight. I just got home 10 minutes ago, so I've been out from 6:10AM-9:00PM between work and youth group! WHEW! How you handle 12 hour shifts is beyond me.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I don't think K's itinerary will bring her within waving distance, even in an 'overflight' sense - she's heading much further west than your part of the world. And I was out of the flat for about 14 hours yesterday, although I have to admit that the last two or three of those were because I came home via an extended visit to my local!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete