Sunday 29 June 2014

Spend, spend, spend!

Well, perhaps not quite to the extent the exclamation mark suggests, but a fair bit of money has left my bank account today. Most of it was reasonably justifiable, though, and a good proportion of it was centred around making the flat a suitable place for a bandwidth-hungry teenager to live. I finally got around to signing up for a phone and broadband package this morning, a 'top of the range' package at that, with unlimited data over a high speed fibreoptic connection and a phone line with unlimited calls. It's going to cost about £50 a month, but it should provide more than enough phone and internet to cater for both of us. The only downside is that we've got to wait about 10 days for it to be installed, but the wait should be worth it, once it's up and running. As an 'add-on', we had to go out and buy a pair of cordless phones this afternoon, as my ex had claimed our old one (not, I hasten to add, in any way that induced acrimony), but that wasn't, in the scheme of things, too much of an expense. I also bought K an Android tablet for her to take on her forthcoming trip to America - she was thinking of taking her laptop, but we decided that a tablet would be both more portable and less of a loss if it happens to be damaged or misappropriated. The last element of our buying day was the cheapest, but the most frivolous - in amongst the grocery shopping, K asked for a huge scented candle in a jar for her bedroom, while I bought a grossly overpriced toothbrush holder and a bottle of wine I'm sure I'll enjoy, but which I certainly could've lived without. Oh well, what's the point of working my backside off if I can't go and waste spend some of the proceeds once in a while!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Oh the joys of fatherhood: meals and money! That's about it! HAHAHAHA

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      K jokingly said a few weeks back that once she'd moved, I'd be stuck with her forever as she took advantage of 'free food and internet', to which I replied, equally tongue in cheek, that I was looking to take early retirement ASAP, after which she'd be on her own! I'm sure a balance will be reached - it'll have to be, because there certainly aren't any secret stashes of money anywhere!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete