Tuesday 1 July 2014

Second half

July already. More than half of 2014 gone. It's said that time seems to pass more quickly as you get older, but I can't remember a year that seems to have zipped by like this one has. I guess I've been pretty busy for most of it, starting with flat hunting immediately after New Year, heading into the paperwork associated with the new place into February and the move itself at the beginning of March. And then, more recently, planning and arranging K's arrival here, and her actual move last week. And, in between times, the ongoing routine of work and its associated commuting, including substantially more overtime than I would have envisaged after my health issues last year (it's just occurred to me, as I'm writing this, that a year ago today, 1/7/13, was my first day back at work after those issues, and that I've managed to negotiate the intervening twelve months without having had a single sick day, which must be something to be grateful for), which, in an average working week, takes up a huge chunk of my life. Still, in a month's time, on August 1, I'll be starting my summer break, all nine days of it. The plan was to spend some time with K, but, I guess predictably, that 'together time' has dwindled rapidly, between her three extra days in America, and, as I discovered a couple of days ago, a two day trip to Scotland she has planned for the middle weekend. Oh well, at least we can't fall out if we don't actually spend any time together!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes, summer screaming by. You've probably gathered from my posts that I feel much the same way about work and life right now - it's plying by way too fast.

    I think you'll get time with K. Let her new term start up...her travel will certainly be curtailed!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      If the past two days are anything to go by, I'll probably spend less time with K than before she moved - I haven't seen her face to face since Monday night. I've been on earlies, so she's obviously still in bed when I go out, she was out with friends in town yesterday, not getting back until after I'd gone to bed myself, and today, she'd apparently rather stay indoors than associate with me, even briefly. Yeah, I know, teenagers, etc, etc, but I can't help but be a little bit disappointed.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete