Tuesday 15 July 2014

Sparks

K and I had a little bit of a spat last night, just before I went to work. It was probably more my fault than hers, because I reacted to something she'd said - she said she was joking afterwards, but it sounded pretty serious to me at the time - that reminded me too much of too many exchanges with my ex, the sort of 'you can hold any opinion you like, as long as it's one I agree with' scenario. We made up before I went out, and all was well this morning, in the brief period between my getting in from work and K going out for a day trip to see one of her friends in Essex, but it was a reminder that not everything is guaranteed to be sweetness and light, our relationship has to be worked at like any other. I really don't want to lose her, in the sense of losing her love and friendship - I'm well aware that she'll go her own way, sooner rather than later - because if I do, I really will be left with nothing at all.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Ah, the joys of daily fatherhood, instead of occasionally! Don't forget, she's been around your ex fulltime for a while now, it's to be expected she will act like her occasionally. The other cheek always works!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      A few niggles are inevitable, it's how we deal with them that matters, really. If we can keep talking, I'm hopeful that no insurmountable problems will arise.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete