Wednesday 2 July 2014

Resemblance and conjunction

I had rather an odd experience on my way to my local this afternoon. The bus I was on was making its way through a northwest London suburb just after the school day had ended, and one of the passengers boarding was a boy of 13 or 14 who looked very much like one of my closest friends at school as he had been at that age. That might have been a noteworthy event in itself, but, at the very next stop, another, younger boy, maybe 11, got on - and that boy looked like my friend's brother! They didn't look alike, as per the two originals - my friend took after his mum, and his brother after their dad - and seemed to have no other connection, as they got off of the bus several stops apart. Nothing more than a coincidence, of course, but certainly an unusual one.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Flashback! I love when that happens.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      The pair of encounters certainly brought back some memories, but was tinged with sadness, too - my friend was killed in a car crash, more than 20 years ago. But, yes, on the whole the thoughts were of good times we had.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete