Wednesday 16 July 2014

More cowardice

I was going to post about one of today's news stories over here, and began the post with 'I was going to self-censor again'. Well, I have. Yet again. Given that I'm already in perhaps the most reviled class of people on the planet, why should I bother about putting myself 'out there' to be shot at? Why indeed? Human nature, probably. I doubt that many people, apart from unreconstructed masochists, would want to be hated. Or more hated, if they're hated already. I'm not brave enough to take that risk, unfortunately, leaving me frustrated. With myself, and with the world at large. The joys of that 'choice' the haters say I've made.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I think I saw several stories that fit this category today...perhaps not a bad decision on your part. Though it shouldn't be so.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      If I could be sure that people would take coginsance of the difference between what I think and feel, and what I do, I might be more inclined to put my head above the parapet. But, in this subject area, we seem to be getting ever closer to Orwell's 'thoughtcrime', that even thinking and talking about the attractions that I'm cursed with is seen as being almost as bad as acting on those attractions. Whether it 'should' be so is possibly a debatable point, but I'm not surprised that it is so.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete