Friday 25 July 2014

Occupational therapy?

I was very down this morning, close to tears, sinking in my accustomed pit of frustration, self-loathing and perceived failure. I even considered, at one point, ringing in sick for work and going to drown my sorrows. My reasonably strong sense of duty won the day, though, and off to work I went. It turned out to be a thoroughly messy shift, too, all sorts of problems, mostly weather related - it's been thundery this afternoon, and our kit doesn't like lightning, it tends to blow fuses and fry electronics - but, ironically, having the job round my neck actually turned out to be beneficial, because I simply didn't have time for introspection or wallowing in self-pity, and by the time I finished, my mood had stabilised. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, because it was my job, or, perhaps more accurately, the amount of time I spent there, that kept my head above water two years ago when my old life was collapsing around me. There's more to work than simply a paycheck, sometimes.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I hope the feelings pass, Sammy. I know it's tough at times. And as boring as my work has been the last couple of weeks, it too, has been a distraction.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      The 'distraction therapy' certainly worked yesterday - nothing was cured, of course, but it undoubtedly took my mind off of the unfixable things I face on a daily basis.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete