Monday 14 July 2014

Counting down

Back to our ménage à deux after K's friend flew out this morning, leaving my girl counting the days until she'll join her friend 'across the pond' next Monday. The weekend went pretty much without perturbation as far as I was concerned - the two of them did their own thing, meeting up with mutual friends yesterday, and sorting their own food out, so I responded in kind, and kept out of their hair. I began my latest week of nights last night in any case, so even if K's friend had still been around, I'd be largely out of circulation. Typical, though - it's sunny today, and distinctly warm by UK standards, and forecast to remain so all week. It seems to be an immutable law of nature - the weather's good when I can't take advantage of it, and crap when I'm off. Paranoid, moi?!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Seems to be the same for me. Today was STEAMY! 97F!!! Then it rained. Did it cool it off? HELL NO! Now we had an outdoor, open air sauna! Tonight it's storming, the cold front, and the next two days will be nights in the 60'sF and days in the low 80's. Not bad. Except the latter part of the week, hot again, when I intend to tackle part II of the "Great Divestiture"! HAHAHAHA

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      It's supposedly going to get into the high eighties here by Friday, a temperature that the UK simply isn't geared up to deal with! I'm working right through until Sunday night/ Monday morning anyway, then I get one whole day off. Hurrah!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete