Monday 9 June 2014

Motivation breakdown

Maybe it's the onset of another week of night shifts, but I can't seem to find the enthusiasm to do much of anything at the moment. Yesterday, it took me literally hours to persuade myself to get ready to go out and do some necessary grocery shopping, while the flash of indignation I experienced on spotting the headline story in the Sunday Express, a news-free, faux-outrage piece about 'paedophiles' soon evaporated into apathy rather than leading to the rant I began to form in my mind with a view to posting here. Now, even after a relatively good day's sleep by my night week standards, I'm still feeling unmotivated and flat. And then, oh joy, in just over three hours time, I'll be off to work again. 'Shorter of breath, and one day closer to death', as Mr Waters memorably wrote.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I do love that song! And I do have days like this! Hope you get some real rest in between shifts and feel better!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Time is not only my favourite Floyd song, but in my all-time top five of tracks by anyone. Not much bedtime today, though - I had to pick up my latest batch of meds this morning on the way back from work, which took longer than it ought to have done, and then, when I did finally get to bed, soon got woken up by grass cutting operations outside my window. The joys of shift work!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete