Tuesday 17 February 2015

Careful what you wish for

I've had the chance of something rare recently, a completely 'off the leash' day today - I'm on lates tomorrow, I haven't got any domestic things that need doing urgently, and K is doing her own half term thing. On top of that, the day dawned bright and clear, and remained so throughout, loads of blue sky and winter sunshine. So, of course, an 'eye candy cruise' had to be the thing to do. And, wow, was there some eye candy on view, even 'nose candy' at one point - on one of the buses, there was a little guy sitting behind me who smelled so delightfully, quintessentially 'boy' that I wish I could've bottled the scent and taken it home with me. Couldn't have been better, could it - except that, as the day progressed, and the parade of cuties continued, the leaden knowledge that, for all I might look, and enjoy looking, I'd be going home alone asserted itself. So now I'm in the other place being off the leash allows - in my local, drinking more than is realistically good for me. And not caring.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Eye candy beats sitting at home alone all day!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      In general terms, you're right, of course, but it is a double-edged sword for me, at times.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. There's a song that comes to my mind when being let off the leash:

    "Enjoy yourself, its later than you think"

    Nothing wrong with a bit of eye candy, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dave
      A good philosophy of life, always assuming you can find legal, decent, honest and truthful (or close to those things) ways of enjoying yourself. Eye candy, more often than not, is one of those ways, but you can sometimes have too much of a good thing, especially when the 'so close, but so far out of reach' feelings kick in.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete