Sunday 8 February 2015

It may have been the last time....

....but if it was, it was a 'good do'. Last night's house party at my brother's was mainly about our friend visiting from Australia, of course, but there was another significant element I mentioned in yesterday's post, and which did indeed come about. For the first time in sixteen years, since that wedding I referred to, all eight of our 'group' were in the same place at the same time. Obviously, with one of our number living in Australia, opportunities like last night's are going to be very thin on the ground, but, on top of that, none of us are getting any younger - I'm the oldest, at almost 55, but all the others are now in their fifties, too - we all have our own lives, families, plans for the future, or whatever, and we're certainly not immortal. None of that mattered last night, though, we just got on with being friends, as we always have. There were others there, too, which wasn't a problem, but, for me, that reunion, maybe the last of its kind, was what made the evening special. I'm so glad I was 'stupid' enough not to cancel. Would that all my stupid decisions had worked out that well.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!! So great!!!! And yeah, I get the whole "who knows when or if I'll ever see him again" feeling.

    Glad it went so well!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      It was a very good night (much kudos to my brother for doing so much to make it possible, too). We've all been friends for a very long time - 'the group' was born at a party on Boxing Day 1983, hosted by our 'Australian' friend, as it happens, although all of us knew at least some of the others, even before that - and despite all the paths we've individually followed since, that friendship is still very much there. Lucky me, to be part of it.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete