Thursday 26 February 2015

Need a break....

....and, luckily, I've got one. Less than halfway through my shift today, I was ready to simply get up and walk out of the door, never to return. It's not the job, it's the egregious collection of bigots, fascists and fuckwits - and some of the individuals concerned fall into more than one of those categories, one or two into all of them - that I'm condemned to work with that's the problem. Added to my being very tired, and feeling decidedly under the weather - it was one of those days that crop up once in maybe every twenty, when my heart meds don't seem to do their stuff as effectively as usual - I really was totally fed up with everything. It did finally come to an end, though, half an hour earlier than I'd expected, actually, with a couple of the night shift coming in early for overtime, and the sense of release was almost palpable, because I'm now off until Wednesday morning, the first time I've had more than two days off in a row since the beginning of December. I'm not planning to do much beyond chilling out and drinking beer, but the old chestnut about a change being as good as a rest is thoroughly apposite in this case.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. " . . . . egregious collection of bigots, fascists and fuckwits . . . "

    Yes we have them here as well. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.
    Sometimes I despair for humanity.

    As the song says: " Enjoy yourself - It's later than you think! "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dave
      The most frustrating thing, for me, is that, because I need the job, at least until my daughter has finished her education, I find myself having to bite my tongue over and over again, rather than saying anything that might 'out' myself, especially anything which might reveal my attraction to boys. That would, undoubtedly, make my position completely untenable. As I saw on a coffee mug once, 'Stress is the inability to choke the living shit out of someone who richly deserves it'!
      Anyway, I'm out of the 'asylum' this weekend, and I'm doing my best to maximise the 'R & R' effect of that.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete