Tuesday 24 February 2015

Now we are five

Five years ago today, Sammy B's Semicentennial, the original incarnation of this blog, was launched onto the waves of the cyberspace ocean. And, notwithstanding doubts and fears, comings and goings, happiness and sadness, and huge changes to my 'real life' situation, here I still am. I may be wrong, but I think there's only one other person who was around on 24/2/10, in the particular corner of cyberspace I gravitated to, who's still actively blogging now - the landscape has changed more than a little, and, overall, probably not for the better. That said, and despite my recent doubts about the value of carrying on, I think there are still more pros than cons, so carry on I will. Sorry, guys, you haven't got rid of me yet!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

3 comments:

  1. I came on board a few months later! August, I do believe!

    Congratulations, Sammy!!!

    I know it's been a roller coaster...you, me, all of us that we diligently follow in the blogworld (and in real life). But mostly, it's been GRAND!!!

    Better? Worse? How about DIFFERENT? Bloggers come and go. Virtual friendships come and go (or so it seems).

    But real life...yep, it goes on, and we love each other because of it! (And you know what I mean!!!)

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      It certainly is different now - I guess that most of the bloggers I followed, and, in a few cases, and in a limited way, became 'virtual friends' with were younger, so probably more likely to move on to other interests. Maybe it's just old farts like me who keep on keeping on! On the whole, though, as I said in the post, there have been more advantages than disadvantages, which is why I'm still here. Thank you for your sterling support of my blog over the years - it is very much appreciated.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
    2. Believe me, Sammy, it's been GREAT to have a kindred soul out here in the ether. And there have been other, more surprising benefits (think 2012 - Woking).

      Peace <3
      Jay

      Delete