Saturday 28 February 2015

Make me feel old, why don't you?

I've just arrived in 'school-town' Wetherspoons, and I've been struck by the caption on one of the photos of the local area in the past that decorate the walls. The picture is of the street outside, the main street of the town, and the caption ends 'c. 1960'. The year I was born. The thing is, the cars and a lorry in the picture, and the clothes the pedestrians are wearing, just look so old! As, by association, am I!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Scary, isn't it? To see a picture of the year you were born and realize that it was a LONG time ago. I've got a couple years on you, but so far, I don't feel too old, though the knees try to remind me regularly!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I don't usually feel old at all, the 13 year old geek who lives in my head makes sure of that, although I do relate to the body giving you subtle (or not subtle!) hints to the contrary. Seeing that photograph, though, and realising that I was alive when it was taken, does rather put it into perspective - in eight weeks time, or thereabouts, I won't even be able to claim to be in my early fifties any longer!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete