Tuesday 24 February 2015

Two dreams

Last night was one of those occasions when I remembered my dreams, for some reason, and, while neither of them were remotely likely to happen in real life, the two dreams revealed, not for the first time, some psychological truths. The first involved me being in a relationship with a woman, and being cheated on, while the second found my dream avatar cuddling and snuggling with a very cute (but entirely imaginary) young boy. I may have been at least partly awake the second time, because I can distinctly remember a conscious thought of 'this is more like it', referring, of course, to a comparison of the two dream scenarios. I guess the comparison was a no-brainer, really, given that I've wanted a boy to love since I was 12 years old - consciously, that is, maybe even longer subconsciously - while my interactions with the opposite gender have, in almost every case, ended in tears. Today's society being what it is, I guess I was always doomed to disappointment and lack of fulfillment, but, of course, I'm by no means unique in that respect.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. OOOOOOO WOW!!!! I dreamt about much the same thing last night! Two boys, in my....well, we'll let the imagination run wild. (Amazing that I remembered the dream at all.) Are we cosmically connected?

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Who knows! Given the time difference, I guess I had my dream first, so maybe it was broadcast through the ether! When I thought about it again, too, I realised my comment about the boy in my dream being imaginary might not have been right - he actually bore some resemblance to one of my very early boy crushes at school, when I was about 13. No 'real life' action, though, sadly!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete