Friday 13 February 2015

Ticket

Another day, another minor celebrity convicted of 'historic sexual abuse'. Things that allegedly happened forty years ago. Following on from a case a few days ago when a 91 year old was convicted in similar circumstances. Meanwhile, the rich continue to steal billions of pounds from the rest of us by way of tax avoidance schemes, seemingly with impunity. Is there anywhere I can buy a ticket to get off of this fucking planet?

1910 edit: Re-reading this post, it may come across to some that I'm condoning sexual abuse. That is absolutely not the case. What I'm angered and frustrated by is the double standard in what is laughingly known as the 'criminal justice system', that if you're rich enough, and well-connected enough (and the two usually go together, of course), you can essentially get away with anything.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I can't figure it out either, Sammy. I agree that the creeps who molest children deserve what they get: disgrace, conviction, whatever. But yes, there are other crimes that deserve attention, too.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      As ever ,'abuse' is an almost impossible subject to talk about - if you're not 110% condemnatory, you're seen as guilty, at least by association. No shades of grey, just blacker than black, or whiter than white, and nothing in between. More than ever, I understand why I said I wasn't going to talk about this subject area - when I even start second guessing myself, as per my 'edit', because of what 'they' might think, the entire exercise becomes pointless.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete