Monday 11 November 2013

Anniversaries

Today is my cousin's birthday. In the aftermath of the meltdown of our relationship six weeks ago, his first birthday in 32 years that I haven't considered him as my best friend. Tomorrow is the 22nd anniversary of the day I met my ex, and the first of our 'alternative anniversaries', as I used to call them, since our divorce was finalised. When the foundations of your life, in however self-inflicted a way, are pulled from beneath you, it does make you wonder why you carry on at all. It's a question I've been asking myself for more than a year and a half now. I still haven't found an answer. And, to judge by the contents of today's post, the financial vultures are beginning to circle again. The futility of it all is beginning to tell once more.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I hope you find a way to repair the damage with your cousin.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Not a snowball's chance in hell, I'm afraid. What happened, both on that night six weeks ago, and decades in the past, is irrevocable, irreparable. Whatever else you can change, the past is always immutable - if it wasn't, there are so many things I'd go back and do differently.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete