Friday 8 November 2013

Sod the public

Two examples this evening, of organisations, one large, the other small, having no regard for their customers. My doctor's appointment was a shambles, well over an hour late, and, effectively, achieving nothing - and this was an appointment they requested me to make, rather than one I'd wanted. When I asked the receptionist, as the delay had reached three-quarters of an hour, what was going on, she asked me if I wanted to cancel. Had I known when I arrived at the surgery how late they were running, I probably would have cancelled, but when I asked her why nothing had been said, she claimed not to have known. Frankly, lovey, if you 'don't know' such a basic piece of information about the process you're supposed to be facilitating, you're in the wrong bloody job. On top of that, my scheduled return to work on Sunday morning was thrown into chaos by the local train operator choosing not to supply a bus service to replace the only train I can catch which would get me in on time, and which can't run because of pre-planned engineering work. The upshot is that I've had to book a hotel room for tomorrow night, at a price that will swallow something over a third of the money I'm going to earn for doing the shift at all. I can hardly restrain my joy. Still, at least it's not all entirely bleak - I'm now in 'domicile-ville' Wetherspoons, and Ben is working. Eye candy can't cure all, but it's better than nothing!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Talk about a run of bad luck! That's ridiculous! But things will get better, have faith! In Wetherspoons at least!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Back at 'base' now, having sampled Wetherspoons' wares adequately! Ben served me a couple of times, there was a little bit of eye contact, enough for him to know, probably, that I was interested, but enough for me to know that he probably isn't. C'est la guerre!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete