Monday 4 November 2013

I know it shouldn't make a difference....

....but I always get more emotional if it's a cutie. I was aware of this story more than a week ago, but there was a follow-up on the local news when I was at my brother's yesterday evening. Last weekend, a 14 year old Sussex boy was swept out to sea and, presumably, drowned, last night's story being about the local lifeboat crew still searching for his body. They showed a picture of him, which I'd seen online a few days ago, and he was a very good-looking guy. Several times today, I found myself thinking about how terrifying and awful his end must have been, getting thoroughly upset in the process. I remember a similar scenario with a gay boy in the US a while ago who committed suicide after merciless bullying, and who was also very cute, in my eyes. Intellectually, I know that any life has equal value, and any premature loss of life is tragic, but my gut reaction of being more upset if I find the person concerned desirable is something I don't seem to be able to avoid. It makes me feel so shallow.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. You're not the only one like that. I guess it's a character flaw, but then, we're all flawed in some way.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Not many more flawed than me, I don't think, at least when it comes to boys and matters arising.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete