Sunday 3 November 2013

Hometown

Three-quarters of the way through a weekend in Kent, and I'm not quite sure how I feel. I'm grateful to my brother and his family for their hospitality, as ever, yesterday's brewery trip was interesting and entertaining, the seafront walk earlier this afternoon, in notably sunny and mild, if windy, weather for November was enjoyable, but there's still, it seems, something missing. Maybe it's being around three couples, my niece and nephew and their respective 'other halves' as well as my brother and sister-in-law, maybe it's being involved in family things, all of which isn't part of my life anymore. It all goes to underline my isolation, I guess, albeit isolation that's largely self-inflicted. Get used to it, I suppose, is the answer to that, because I can't see any way my situation is likely to change any time soon.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. You never know when something good can happen, as long as you're open to let it happen! I think it's great that you get together with your family, sounds like good times to me!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jay
    It was, overall, a good weekend, with good company, food and drink(!), so I really haven't got much to complain about. I mentioned the thoughts that had led to the post to my brother later in the evening, and described my mood to him as 'reflective', which I think sums it up reasonably accurately. And, as you say, I'm no more equipped with a crystal ball than the next man, so something positive could jump out and surprise me. Stranger things have happened!

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete