Wednesday 18 December 2013

A big day

Big in a number of ways, but, barring any unforeseen hiccups, a successful one. K had her interview at the college where she wants to do her A-Levels, and was, in all but the bare words, offered a place. K, needless to say, was thrilled, and I'm very pleased for her, because she's driven much of the process herself, more than impressive for a 15 year old. The only condition she'll have to fulfil is to live within the catchment area, which is, obviously, my part of the equation. I was actually in on the interview - I wasn't expecting to be, but I was invited in by the assistant principal who was the interviewer, so I was able to apprise him of the 'domestic situation', as well as prompting K to mention a couple of her accomplishments that nerves had pushed from her mind. So, after the holiday season, I'll be settling down to some serious flat hunting, probably in North London, although the actual town where the college is situated is a possibility, the only major problem being that getting to work from there on a Sunday morning would be difficult. Any such practical issues are far outweighed, however, by the fact that it really does look as though, from midsummer next year, my girl will be living with me for at least two years. To say I'm pleased is one of the understatements of the year.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment