Friday 27 December 2013

Back to mundanity

Back to work, after my huge, expansive, two day Christmas break (and yes, I'm well aware that was two days more than some people got, I was staying in a hotel and eating out, after all), and back to the prospect of being on my own again when I get back to 'domicile-ville' this evening, K having gone on her way to Shropshire to see her boyfriend this morning. Still, on the basis of being grateful for whatever good things do come my way, it was a thoroughly enjoyable Christmas with my girl - the hotel was fine, the Christmas lunch in my 'London local', and, indeed, the 'full English' in the hotel restaurant yesterday morning were very good, and, best of all, the company was as congenial as I could have wished. When K comes up to live with me next summer, I know it's not going to be wall to wall fun and frivolity - I'll be working, and she'll be embarking on her A-Levels - but, compared to the way my life has been for the past couple of years, it's going to be so much better.
In connection with the forthcoming move, we spent quite some time yesterday roaming around the northernmost section of Greater London - another advantage of metropolitan life, public transport on Boxing Day! - reconnoitering prospective places to live. One area has come out as a distinct favourite in the race, within the Oystercard zone, and with 24/7 transport options, but still only a twenty minute bus ride from K's new school, so that's where I'll be concentrating my house-hunting (or very much more likely, flat-hunting) efforts after New Year. We did go and look at the 'just outside Greater London' town where the school is again, but its lack of night buses or trains will probably mean that we won't end up living there. That part of the trip did have, for me, a little collateral advantage, though, as I enjoyed one of my very few and far between interactions with a cute boy - I was waiting outside a shop while K was buying some toiletries, and a cutie whose family was also evidently in the same shop asked me to keep an eye on a pair of electric scooters he was standing guard over while he briefly went into the building. I obliged him, of course - when, as I said to K as she came out of the shop, am I ever going to say 'no' to a cute boy!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I know you'll be happy to get out of your current accommodations and have a place "of your own", be it flat or house. And K will be there, so it'll be awesome, I'm sure.
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Yes, it will certainly be nice to have a proper home again, even if it is rented, but it goes without saying that having K there is the thing that will make it really special. I'm counting the days!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete