Monday 9 December 2013

Well, he is

Nice, I suppose, to be right once in a while. After speaking to K just now, in relation to something my ex said during our lengthy conversation last night, she's confirmed that her new boyfriend is bi. That isn't, of course, remotely a problem for me, but I've advised my girl to, shall we say, tread delicately on the subject with her mother. This could turn out to be the proverbial 'tangled web'.

Midnight edit: I'm in the mood to avoid ambiguity, so, before the self-appointed moral guardians leap in, a little clarification - the 'tangled web' I referred to will never include me, because, even if I could, and that's not conceivable given the old, fat me, I would never try to come between K and her boyfriend. And even if it was possible, he's of legal age, so the only issue would be consent, which, for me, is an absolute prerequisite.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. I hope your wife doesn't go nutso if she figures this out. I'm presuming your wife said something to you...wonder how she knew (or suspected)?

    Anyway, no guardianship here, I know you well enough to know you.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      From what she said on Sunday, I think my ex already has a pretty good idea about the young man - as they haven't met as yet, her view of him has been formed from his appearance in some of the photos of him K has seemingly shown her. Given that her main stated reason for our divorce was her 'beliefs', I guess that's where the biggest point of friction could arise between her and K, if this does turn out to be a long-term relationship for my girl. We'll just have to see how things develop.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete