Tuesday 3 December 2013

I can't manage any more in one sitting

I've just managed to read three chapters of an online story that always makes me cry, without crying. Just. I can't possibly manage any more of it at the moment, though. Almost everyone who knows me would be amazed that there's this swamp of emotional turmoil beneath the 'cold fish' exterior. Even I find it hard to believe it sometimes, and I'm on the inside. One of these days, there's going to be a cataclysmic meltdown. I just hope I don't have it anywhere too public.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I can get through one or two chapters at a time. That's it.
    And I got really emotional when I saw Tom Daley's big announcement yesterday whilst at work. Almost outed myself!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Yeah, and I haven't got to the bit that makes me really emotional yet!
      My thoughts when I heard about Tom's announcement were twofold - I remembered the row I had with one of the shift managers during the Olympics last year, when, for those that 'had ears to hear', I probably outed myself, hoping that he won't bring the subject up again when I next see him (he's phenomenally stupid, so probably not), and secondly, sadness about the aspect of the announcement along the lines that Tom had come out rather than wait for the tabloid press to do it for him. In an ideal world, it would be no-one's business but him and his partner's, and wouldn't make a difference to how anyone viewed him. Sadly, we seem to be a long way from that point.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete