Saturday 21 December 2013

Hopes, but fears too

I have to admit to never having been much of a optimist. Almost every time, it seems, that something good happens, or even threatens to happen, in my life, something else comes along to spoil the party. In particular, and well-documented here, the last two years have been particularly difficult, with the breakdown and eventual end of my marriage and all that went with it last year, then this year's health problems, and, just when I'd got back to something approaching my normal self, the nightmare of September 21/22 when it looked as though what little was left of my life had collapsed into ruins (and, frankly, it still might - the Damoclean sword is still there, if a certain person chooses to wield it). Now, as 2013 approaches its end, things seem to be looking up again, with K having won her place at the school of her choice for her A-Levels, and the prospect of my girl coming to live with me next summer. I'm looking forward to that, very much, but I can't seem to quell the nagging doubts that it's all too good to be true, and that something will intervene to throw it all into disarray once more. The glass is at halfway, but half-full, or half-empty? I wish I knew.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I'm hoping for half-full.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Me too, but making myself believe it isn't always the easiest - even K's trip up here for Christmas has a small cloud of doubt hanging over it, because there's supposed to be some pretty wild weather on its way in the next 24 hours, and travel may be disrupted. Maybe pessimism isn't so bad, after all - expect the worst, and you can't then be disappointed!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete