Tuesday 10 December 2013

Well, that's pretty much it

The end of my time off that is - I'll be getting up at 'stupid o'clock' in the morning to head back to work. It's also been the only day of my 16 days off that I haven't left 'domicile-ville', because I had some domestic-ish things to do. I did take myself out to lunch in the local Wetherspoons, though, which was acceptable enough, but, by the time I'd done some shopping and was ready to head back to my accommodation, I was starting to feel rather fed up. Just to prove how trivial things can change a mood, though, within an hour or so, I was feeling distinctly more cheerful - firstly, after deciding to catch the bus back from the town centre because my hand is still very sore, and not conducive to carrying a heavy bag of shopping, I got a free ride because the ticket machine on the vehicle wasn't working, and then, for the first time ever, I heard one of my favourite songs, Holiday in Cambodia by The Dead Kennedys, played on the radio. Good old Planet Rock! No-one else was in the building, so I turned it up very loud! I'm easily pleased, sometimes!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that 16 days went FAST! And to top it off, a free bus ride, and favorite Christmas music! WOOT!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I can certainly agree about the time going much too quickly, but I'm not sure Holiday in Cambodia quite qualifies as a Christmas song!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete