Wednesday 24 September 2014

Another day, another pill

And, as I've just found on getting up, another medical next week. As to the pills, though - since the weekend, I've been suffering from an unpleasantly itchy rash, which had reached the point where I really had trouble sleeping yesterday, problematic given that I'm on nights this week. So it was off to the doctors' this morning, where, without much delay, I was diagnosed with urticaria, and prescribed antihistamines as treatment. At least I slept better today, doubtless helped by the fact that one of the side effects of the pills is three to six hours of drowsiness.
When I did eventually resurface, an hour or so ago, it was to find a letter that had been delivered earlier 'inviting' me to a 'review medical' next Friday. It was too late to speak to my new boss today, so I'll call him in the morning and see if any light can be shed upon this development. I was under the impression I'd been passed fit for my job until 2018, so I'm interested, to say the least, as to why the goalposts appear to have been moved again.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I hope everything is OK!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Things are improving - the new pills are starting to take effect, and, after speaking to my boss this morning, my 'review medical' is in connection with my illness last year, as opposed to a review of my fitness to work. I'm still pretty tired, but that goes with the territory of being on nights in any case.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete