Tuesday 2 September 2014

Fit

Not, needless to say, in any athletic sense, but in terms of being able to continue doing my job for another four years. I don't know if I'm pleased or not, really - the prospect of retiring disgracefully was quite alluring - but, on balance, it's probably for the best, given that I want K to get as far as she feels she needs to educationally, something that will doubtless take a fair amount of money, and, whatever else, good or bad, I might say about my job, it is well paid.
The other good thing about today's medical was that it got me out of a late shift, and there was a chance that I might have been able to meet up with my brother this afternoon, because he was working in Surrey. It didn't come to fruition in the end, because he finished a bit later than he'd anticipated, but I will see him tomorrow, unless anything unforeseen happens, because he's in South West London, and it's my day off. There certainly won't be any wild carousing going on, because he'll be driving, and I'm on earlies on Thursday, but it will be nice to get together, especially as it's his fiftieth birthday on Saturday, and I can't make his birthday bash because I'm working. Meeting up tomorrow will be a consolation prize, at least.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Well, well. You can see after all! Glad the medical went well. And it's awesome you'll get some time with your brother! Very nice.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      The frustrating thing is that I know I'm more than adequately fit and healthy to do my job, but the company needs it to be proven and documented in such a way as to fight off the ambulance chasing lawyers if I happened to be involved in a serious incident. And that means being assessed by someone who knows nothing about you, or about the job you do, and ticking - or failing to tick - the relevant boxes. Still, all's well that ends well, I guess. And yes, as you suggest, meeting up with my brother earlier on was a pleasant way to spend my afternoon off.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete