Sunday 7 September 2014

Arrow

Eight years and one week ago, give or take, I saw a certain person for the first time. I expected it to be what I've come to call a 'ghost' experience, that is, seeing someone attractive, even beautiful, fleetingly, with no realistic prospect of seeing them again. In that case, though, the outcome was much different. I not only saw the individual again, but saw them literally hundreds of times over the succeeding four years. Last night, on my way to work, almost 300 miles from the site of that 2006 encounter, but less than fifteen minutes walk from where I live now, I saw another person, who reminded me so much of the original as they were then, in another life, or so it seems. And it was like an arrow piercing my heart.
As I've said in more than a few dedications in Nephelokokkygia, and despite knowing my feelings could never have been reciprocated - for DBJ, with love, always.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Siiigh, yeah, man, I get you.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Madness, really, that J still haunts me, when I haven't even seen him for more than four years, and when it's nothing more than his superficial image that I ever knew. And he'll almost be an adult now - his 18th birthday definitely falls in the current school year. But, for whatever reason, he still has such a hold on my heart (through no fault whatsoever on his part, of course). Crazy.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete