Monday 8 September 2014

Lurching

From one crisis to the next. Today's addition to the list is that my phone seems to be teetering on the brink of death - it was fine this morning, but now it keeps switching itself off, and won't restart to a point where I can actually do anything useful with it. It is more than three years old, and has spent probably 95%+ of that time switched on, so I've probably had my money's worth, but rushing into my local town centre to get a new phone wasn't anywhere on my provisional agenda for tomorrow. If it really is the end of my first smartphone's life, though, I won't have a choice, because, if for no other reason, I need to be able to keep in touch with K. Technology, love it or hate it, you can't live without it, apparently.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I swear mobiles are and always have been the epitome of planned obsolescence. I have NEVER had one last more than 3 years. First, the battery goes, but that is to be expected with current Lithium Ion battery technology, they are absolutely limited by "charge cycles" - the number of times it can be charged to 100%. 0-100 is one time, 50-100 is half a time, but they all add up. Then they "fill up", running out of storage. And of course, they become slower, though that is subjective and seeing others with faster phones adds to the angst.

    Bottom line: Just go buy a new one! HAHAHAHAHAHA

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      It seems that it's the battery that's the issue in my case - it has charged up overnight, but it shouldn't have been depleted enough for the phone to switch off when it did yesterday evening. I probably do need a new phone, but at least I won't have to rush off and get one this morning!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete