Wednesday 3 September 2014

Meat, and meet

Today was the last day of K's extended summer holiday, and given her (renewed) preference for carnivory, I suggested that we go for a posh 'Full English' this morning, as a parting treat. So we duly found ourselves in a restaurant/deli in South London, where we'd been once before, indulging in loads of very, very nice meaty stuff, with a bit of tomato and mushroom on the side as a vague nod towards healthier options! K decided, perhaps in keeping with the tone set by breakfast, that she was going to go home and slob out for the rest of the day, while I headed further south and west to meet up with my brother, who was working in the area today. He couldn't drink, because he was driving, but it didn't stop us sharing a convivial couple of hours, amongst which we firmed up plans for me to take him and my sister-in-law out for a celebratory meal - both of their fiftieth birthdays have fallen within a two week window between the week before last, and the coming weekend - at a restaurant even posher than the place I was in this morning. Not cheap, but money well spent, as far as I'm concerned.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I do love a Full English! First time I had one I was very surprised at the contents - Americans tend not to eat tomatoes and beans for breakfast, though I do enjoy mushrooms in my eggs.

    So K starts the new term, eh? I hope she's excited. I know she will do well.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      The breakfast treat was a nice way to round off K's holiday - it's certainly not something I'd want on a daily basis, but an occasional overdose of meat and cholesterol is acceptable, I think.
      And, yes, my girl embarked on the new term at her new school today, and from the phone chat we had after she'd got home, she certainly seemed to enjoy the experience. Just as well, really, because she's stuck with it for the next two years!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete