Monday 15 September 2014

Be yourself, please!

Typical teenboy (13/14 apiece)  conversation in the seats behind me on a bus this afternoon - boy A accuses boy B of being gay, boy B strenuously denies the accusation, it goes to and fro for a while, then boy A gets off the bus, followed by boy B one stop later. Boy B was, if nothing else, slightly androgynous looking (and pretty damned cute), but nothing about his demeanour suggested that there was any foundation to the other boy's jibes. What went through my head, though, was the thought that 'if you are gay, whatever else you do, be yourself'. Don't, for fuck's sake, end up like me, ruining your life (amongst others) by trying to pretend to be something you're not.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I hope the same thing for him. It's a shame we'd be pilloried if we were to pull him aside and tell him that!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      At the same time the thought came to me, I wondered if there was any way I could have spoken to him, to give him the dubious benefit of my experience. But, as you say, there was no way it could have happened, at least without laying myself open to the risk of being arrested.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete