Sunday 31 August 2014

Salt & vinegar?

The archbigot, one of my regular work colleagues I've mentioned a number of times before, was on particularly egregious form yesterday afternoon. He contrived to use the word 'faggot' four times in about thirty seconds in telling a thoroughly unfunny story which revolved around someone not having salt and vinegar on their fish and chips. If anyone can explain the connection between sexual orientation and the seasoning of takeaway food to me, I'd be interested to hear it. Ironically, a couple of hours later, another of my colleagues volunteered to go out on his break to pick up an order of - fish and chips. I decided to indulge, and asked for haddock and chips - with no salt and vinegar. While standing about three feet from the archbigot. I was sorely tempted to ask him if he considered me a 'faggot' as a result of my order preference, but, of course, nothing was said. If I fail this medical on Tuesday, and pull the plug on my career, I think a few trenchant words about mindless prejudice and bigotry might be my parting shot.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. If you fail the medical because the glasses haven't come in, won't you be able to re-take it once they do?

    I pretty much came out to about 1500 people this weekend, not one word of bigotry.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I probably will be able to get a 'second opinion' on the medical front if necessary, but the question is whether I want to. There are more things than enough that I wouldn't miss about the job, although the financial exigencies will probably win out in the end, assuming I'm deemed to be fit for purpose, either tomorrow, or at some later date.
      Glad your weekend went well, in this respect, at least.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete