Tuesday 5 August 2014

Here, gone, here, gone

My daughter's week, as she continues in her apparent determination to reach six figure travelling mileage this summer. I sort of had the pleasure of her company yesterday - she got up early to shower, and I thought she'd gone out, but she'd actually gone back to bed, and finally resurfaced, more than a little reluctantly, towards midday. I'd had an e-mail from her last week in which she lightheartedly complained of meat deprivation - the friends she was staying with, and, indeed, the friend she went with, were vegetarian - so I took her out for a carnivore-friendly lunch, but by the time she'd assuaged her withdrawal symptoms a bit, her jetlag had caught up with her, and what had been intended as an 'outing and abouting' day was curtailed by her wanting to go home and crash out again. Then, this morning, she did get up and head out for a day trip to the West Country to catch up with some of her friends down there, and, unless anything unforeseen happens, she'll be off to Scotland on Thursday to meet up with some more YouTuber pals, probably staying for the weekend. So, the almost week and a half I booked off to spend some time with K will be gone, with my having had one meal with her, and whatever time she can find in her busy schedule tomorrow. The joys of being the parent of a teenager!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, oh my! Sorry, I just have to chuckle a little bit.

    Just wait until her school starts up with a new term. She'll be around a bit more!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      It looks like I might have some 'quality time' with K today - fingers crossed! Whatever else, good or not so good, she's inherited from me, she's certainly caught my 'wanderlust'!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete