Wednesday 13 August 2014

Travelling again

K, that is. She's off to Scotland again tomorrow, but, today, she's gone in completely the opposite direction, on a day trip to the West Country, and it's a trip with an interesting 'back story'. She's going to pick up a bass guitar and amp she's bought from one of her friends from her old school, because she's been 'head hunted' to join a band - K's ex-boyfriend's band. They sacked their bass player recently, and the 'main man' of the band decided K would be an ideal replacement - she's never actually played bass, but she's a more than competent lead/acoustic guitarist, writes her own music, and she can really sing. She played me some of the band's recent stuff the other night, and it's pretty impressive - K describes it as 'pop punk', but I would call it the heavier end of indie rock. Whether anything substantive will come of it remains to be seen, but K's certainly enthusiastic, and, as long as it doesn't interfere with her education, I don't see why she shouldn't give it a go. Maybe the idea of my girl up on stage in front of a cast of thousands is a long shot, but, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
In K's absence, I've headed for another far-flung leafy suburb, and my first new (to me) Wetherspoons for quite some time. And very pleasant it is, too, both the suburb and the pub. On the way, I fell, more than somewhat, in lust with a cute boy on the train from 'worktown' - he was right in the middle of my AoA, around 13, good looking, if not stunning - and, by all appearances, he wasn't a little boy, either! Not, of course, that any of it made any difference, because I'll never see him again, in any realistic scenario, and even if I did, there's no chance he'd want anything to do with me, but I can daydream. It isn't illegal - yet.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I swear that girl of yours spends ALL her time on the road (or rails)! Wow.

    Glad you had a good time at the new Wetherspoons!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      When K staggered into the flat at 10:00 last night, it looked as though she'd travelled herself to a standstill, as she declared herself 'exhausted', and said she was going to speak to her Scottish friend to arrange to put that trip back by at least 24 hours. When I rang her when I finished work at lunchtime, though, she was just approaching Dundee! Maybe she's inherited some of my resilience, as well as my wanderlust!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete