Wednesday 20 August 2014

A star of the future?

On my way to work last night, I had what might turn out to be an interesting encounter. Superficially, it was a typical 'ghost' moment, a cute boy, 13-ish, sitting diagonally opposite me on the train to 'worktown' with (presumably) his mother. They'd got on at the same station as me, and I was pleased, having seen him on the platform, that the boy sat where I could 'enjoy the view'. The other thing that was immediately obvious about him, though, apart from his cuteness, was that he was undoubtedly a tennis player - he was carrying a very large tennis bag, almost as big as I've seen professionals using on TV, and, as I could hear bits of the conversation between the boy and his mother, it became apparent that he plays to a pretty high standard, some of the talk being of seedings and the semi-finals and finals of tournaments, albeit no doubt junior stuff at his age. Andy Murray's successor? Who knows, but it would certainly be something if he turns up on the BBC's coverage of Wimbledon in a few years time.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. And to think you spotted him! I got to spend some time with RB tonight. Twas fun, though not long enough. And standing on a street corner in the middle of campus. Still, all time is good time.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Highly speculative to consider that he might be the 'next big thing', of course, but, if he does make it, I might just send him an e-mail or equivalent in a decade or so, to tell him 'I remember seeing you on a train....'! Glad you had some quality time, too.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete