Monday 25 August 2014

Another washout on the cards

Well, it is a bank holiday in the UK, after all. I only got in from work about 45 minutes ago, staying on, as our night shift crew do on bank holiday mornings, for an extra half hour, but I was hoping, nonetheless, for a quick turn around before getting out to make the most of my first day off for what seems like about a month, but is actually nine days. In practice, though, I'm exhausted and full of cold - FML, I'm coughing for England, again - and it's bloody raining, not torrentially, but in that steady 'set in for the day' kind of way. So much for an eye candy cruise, although, to be fair, I'd be hard pushed to have seen anyone more delightful than the utter cutie on my train to 'worktown' last night, blond, blue eyes, lovely face, the whole works, albeit in much too little a package to do anything other than look and sigh. Xander junior, was my thought at the time, and I still reckon that's about right. Perfection incarnate.

15:15 edit :  Five and a half hours later, K's gone out to meet a friend, and it's still raining. So I've done what I think any sensible human being would do in the circumstances, and gone to the pub, where I have every intention of staying until I completely run out of energy. Which probably won't be long!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Hope the afternoon and evening turned out better! I am hoping for a dry weekend as I will be camping in the middle-of-nowhere West Virginia with 1800 of my best friends (cavers one and all).

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      It rained literally all day on Monday, and most of Tuesday, too, which, surprise, surprise, were my days off. It's pretty bloody miserable here this morning, too. I hope you have much better luck with the weather for your weekend!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete