Saturday 16 August 2014

Omen-ous

I did something last night that I almost never do - sat up very late watching TV. And, to make it even more atypical, not just TV, but back to back films. The title of the post has doubtless given away the impetus for my unusual behaviour - Film 4 were showing The Omen (the original, not the pointless frame for frame remake), and, the real incentive for pushing my lack of sleep beyond all reasonable bounds, followed it with my favourite film of all time, Damien - Omen II. I know I've posted about the film somewhere before in the blog, and used the next line, too, but the main reason I like the film so much can be summed up in three words - Jonathan Scott-Taylor, playing the teenage Damien. Not only does he act the rest of the cast off the screen, but he was amazingly cute doing it. The irony is, he's only two years younger than me, but the magic of celluloid keeps him forever on the cusp of puberty, and very close to the top of my all-time list of irresistible cuties. The shallowest of reasons for making it my favourite film, of course, but I can't be profound all the time!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Some of my favorite movies are on my list for the exact same reasons! I remember that movie well, have watched it several times. Go watch Stand By Me, and Almost Famous, you'll see a couple more high on my list!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I haven't watched either of the films you mention, but I've seen enough clips and stills to be aware of what - or, more to the point, who - you're alluding to. My absolute favourite JS-T moments, as you know the film, are when he looks up at Buher in the 'boy's 13th birthday' scene at the lake house, and when he's reading the passage from Revelations in his room at the military academy. Boy heaven - ironically!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete