Thursday 7 August 2014

In another universe....

....you could have smiled at me and said hello, and made the day of one hopeless, ridiculous old man. But, in this ball of crap that's all there is, you looked right through me, I doubt if I even registered in your conscious mind at all, or if I did, it would only have been as a 'stranger', and thus, of course, 'danger'. There's no reason at all why you should have done, or wanted to do, anything differently, I'm not blaming you in the slightest, but sometimes it's the small things that are the most soul-destroying. I've said it before, but the repetition makes it no less true, that I have no idea why I bother carrying on with this pathetic charade masquerading as my life.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Because you have people like K, and me, and others who know you, care about you, and are probably most importantly, your friends who want you around, and can hopefully, in some small way, make your life a little less pathetic, if that is the word you choose.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I apologise for the outburst of self-pity - I do appreciate the kind words, and the sentiment behind them, but there are times when, at the risk of sounding disgustingly selfish, I struggle to see what's there for me in my lifestyle. That said, I'll keep on keeping on, no doubt.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete