Friday 22 August 2014

Enrolled

K and I are just back from her new school, where she's now safely enrolled, despite a last minute panic (mostly from me, I have to admit!) about the validity of one piece of her paperwork. The school were happy with it, though, which is all, ultimately, that matters, so the next time my girl walks into the school, on September 4, it will be as an A-Level student. One nice thing, from K's perspective, is that because the school is virtually brand-new - it's only been open for a year - everyone in her year, Year 12, will be new to the school, there having been no Year 11 last year, although, doubtless, some of the students will know each other from their previous schools, so she won't be faced with being 'the new girl' amidst an established community. K is really looking forward to starting there, and that definitely makes all the upheaval and expense of the past few months more than worthwhile. A new chapter, without a doubt.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

4 comments:

  1. Bloody awesome!!!!! This is GREAT!!!! I am SOOOO happy for you both!!!! I just can't gush enough!!!!! There are not enough superlatives to express my joy. So I will leave it at:

    WOOHOO!!!!!!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      It's what the last almost twelve months has been leading up to, ever since I saw an advert on the back of a bus for the school at the end of summer last year, and thought, correctly, that it was just what K was looking for. And between us - me sorting the 'geography' and K the exam grades - we've managed to make it happen. It's down to K now, to make the most of the opportunity - and I'm sure she will.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete
  2. Hi there

    This is great news. Best of luck to K, and I hope all goes well.

    Take care

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mark
      The formal confirmation of K getting into her A-Level school of choice was, as I said to Jay, the culmination of almost a year of efforts on both of our parts. K is certainly looking forward to the start of the new term, and I'm sure she'll make the most of her opportunity.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete