Saturday 12 March 2016

Gigging again

K and I have been to a gig again this evening, this time to see The Jesus & Mary Chain at Kentish Town. It didn't quite reach the stellar heights that King Crimson scaled last autumn, nor, indeed, did it come close to unseating my all-time number one gig when the B52s played tonight's venue a looong time ago, but it was a thoroughly good do, just the same - and the loudest gig I've been to in many a long year, too! I really didn't have too much idea what they would actually play, but most of the songs were familiar, not least when they played my 'personal national anthem', Never Understand, as part of the encore. It freaked K out a little bit, because I've charged her with making sure it's played at my funeral - 'it's weird, sitting next to you while your funeral song is being played live' was her take on the matter - but, overall, she enjoyed the show almost as much as I did. The fruits of the sound musical education I've given her!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment