Thursday 10 March 2016

Mixed feelings

I'm in what has been my 'second-string' Wetherspoons for several months, especially in tonight's circumstances, when I'm finishing a late shift on a weeknight, and don't have time to commute to a pub that closes at 11:00, as my old local did from Sunday to Thursday. I knew Daniel had been transferred to here, but he is only a part-timer, and isn't working tonight (sadly!), but what I didn't know was that my 'rival', for a certain cutie's attention, had been transferred here as well. But there he was, large as life, as I walked through the door an hour or so ago. I couldn't suppress an ironic smile, but I wasn't all that thrilled to see him - I was under the impression that he was heading to a branch twenty or so miles out of town where he'd apparently worked before. A few moments of reflection, though, suggested a little ray of light in the scenario - he became very pally with Cammy's family, seemingly because of a shared (purportedly, at least) interest in the focus of their business, so that if they know where he's moved to, they may come to this pub. Which gives me a small degree of hope that I might not have seen the last of that darling little guy. A bit of a long shot, but I'm quite happy to clutch at straws, in the circumstances.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment