Wednesday 30 March 2016

People in, and not in, my 'not local'

I'm in what was going to be my 'new' Wetherspoons, but hasn't really become so. The area manager for the company is sitting within spitting distance of me, and I've been sorely tempted to have a rant about the closure of my local, and, more particularly, the way it was done, but it would achieve nothing - the pub isn't going to miraculously reopen, after all - so I've bitten my tongue. Also in here is a 'celeb', albeit a (probably) retired one, a comedy writer and presenter who's been on TV and radio since I was a kid. When he was on TV, he always seemed to appear sitting down. I know why now - he's very short! Not in here anymore are a passel of youngsters, seemingly part of an extended family, who, when I first arrived, all seemed to be girls, but it turned out that there were a couple of boys, too, probably brothers, judging by appearance. 'Little bro' was as cute as they come, but very young, maybe 6, or thereabouts. 'Big bro', though, was 11-ish, nearly as cute as his (?) sibling, and certainly cheered up my afternoon. Neither, though, were remotely on a par with the utterly beautiful boy I saw on Oxford Street while I was travelling up here from work. He was 12/13, dark-haired, and slightly androgynous, not a look I favour - I'm much more a fan of the 'all-boy' type - but, in this instance, the degree of his attractiveness overrode any such quibbles. If I see anyone better looking than him this week, I'll be surprised - and very pleased!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment