Thursday 31 March 2016

Resolution reinforced

At some point in the future, my workplace is slated to close, its functions due to be transferred to a regional centre in a town 50 miles from London. I've said from the outset that I would never work in the new place under any circumstances at all, and, having had to go there for the first time today, for what is now laughingly called a 'development day' - it's still just a paper exercise, designed for the company to be able to claim they provide ongoing training in the case of any 'ambulance-chasing' legal issues - my interest has reduced from zero to negative! It won't be a problem for me, in any case - the original estimate for the transfer was 2019, and that's already slipped by at least 18 months, and probably much longer, so given that I've got every intention of taking early retirement as soon as K finishes at uni, if I can't escape before that, I will, unless something completely unforeseen crops up, finish my career where I am now. I can hardly wait!

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment